A department which does not only manage its own patients but as well gives the backup for all the other medical and surgical departments managing their patient’s medical problems.
The internist is a doctor like the family physician but has a specialty and training in all internal medicine aspects in the outpatient fields. He is the primary care doctor with broad clinical experience and expertise treating :
- Acute and chronic medical diseases.
- Hypertension and Diabetics
- High Cholesterol and Heart Diseases.
- Digestive and Respiratory diseases.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Arthritis and Muscular-skeletal diseases.
- Headache and Migraine.
- Obesity management and smoking cessation.
- Preventive Medicine and Cancer screening.
- Executive Physical exam.